Queens Estates is located in Crete, IL in an area rather unique to the Chicago metropolitan area. Located just 30 miles south of the “Big City” in Will County and minutes south of the historic downtown district, Crete has maintained its small town charm while growing to nearly 9,000 residents. The Village of Crete has award-winning schools, low crime, beautiful parks, lush natural preserved areas, and an abundance of recreational opportunities.
- Downtown Crete’s Victorian Charm is displayed through its shops and restaurants
- Antiques Stores, Boutique Shops and Day Spas
- There is a variety of downtown Restaurants and Bars
- Outdoor European Market, Classic Car Cruise Nights and Country Christmas Festival
- Nearby shopping at Southlake Mall in Hobart, IN., Northfield Square Mall in Kankakee and Orland Square Mall in Orland Park
- Award Winning Golf Courses in Crete are Lincoln Oaks, Tuckaway Golf Club, Balmoral Woods Country Club, and Longwood Country Club
- Crete Park District, Crete Park District’s Bike Trail runs approximately 1.5 miles through a park of beautifully developed trees and 16 different species of wildflowers
- Crete Public Library District serves the Village of Crete and most of Crete Township. District residents have free access to a wide variety of materials and online resources with their library cards.
- Will County’s Forest Preserve District has more than 200 picnic groves, paved bicycle paths and multi-use trails including the Goodenow Grove Nature Preserve in Crete, IL.
- Joliet Slammers, a professional baseball team, is located in Joliet, IL a short 30 mile commute
- Windy City Thunderbolts, a professional baseball team, is located the Chicago suburb of Crestwood, IL
- Route 66 Raceway in Joliet IL, is a motor sports facility which has a 0.25-mile dragstrip and a 0.5-mile dirt oval. The dragstrip hosts several drag racing events including the National Hot Rod Association.
The Crete-Monee School District 201-U has played a leadership role at both the national and state levels. Crete-Monee Middle School has twice received recognition as a “Blue Ribbon School of Excellence” by the U. S. Dept. of Education and is a recipient of the “Carnegie National Systemic Change Award”. Most of the district’s schools are achieving at or above national norms on standardized achievement measures.
- Elementary School (K- 5): Balmoral Elementary
- Sixth Grade Center: Crete-Monee 6th Grade Center
- Middle School (7th and 8th) : Crete-Monee Middle School
- High School: Crete-Monee High School
There are a number of Colleges and Universities in the South Suburbs of Chicago.
- Governors State University is a public university located in University Park, IL. The 750-acre campus is located 30 miles south of Chicago, IL.
- Prairie State College is a two-year community college based in Chicago Heights, IL.
- Moraine Valley Community College is a community college located in Palos Hills, IL, in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. It is the second largest community college in the state.
- The Metra Electric provides train service from University Park to Chicago. It is located in University Park, a short 5 minute drive from the Community
- The Amtrak Station is located in Homewood, IL, 8 miles from the Community
- Greyhound Bus is available in Markham IL, a 30 minute drive on I57-N
- Two major airports, Chicago Midway International Airport is located 24 miles north of downtown Crete and O’Hare International Airport is 27 miles north on I-294
- Easy highway access to the major interstates: I-57, I-65, I-80 and the Tri-State I-294
- St. James Hospital is known for its awards in “Heart Health Care Excellence”, it is located in Olympia Fields, a short 10 minute drive from the Community
- Palos Community Hospital with a 2013 opening of a “State of the Art Intensive Care Unit” is conveniently located in Palos Heights at 12251 So. 80th Ave. an easy 30 minute drive
About the City of Chicago Area known as the “Windy City”
Queens Estates, just 30 miles south of downtown Chicago, offers its residents quick highway access to one of the most vibrant cities in the country, while still providing the quiet feel of a small town. With easy access to the “Big City” there is an abundance of things to do for singles, married couples and families.
- Dozens of cultural institutions, historical sites and museums
- Theaters, Art Galleries and Shopping on the Magnificent Mile
- 26 miles of lakefront, with 15 miles of bathing beaches and 19 miles of bicycle paths
- Parks and Recreational Facilities
- Entertainment on the Skyline Stage at Navy Pier off of Lake Shore Drive
- Lincoln Park Zoo is located in Lincoln Park in Chicago, it is a free 35-acre zoo
- Major Chicago Sports teams include: Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field , Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field, Chicago Bears at Soldier Field, Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center, and the Chicago Bulls at the United Center
Family owned and operated since 1956, our goal is to have the finest community with the best homes at the most affordable price! Please call (708) 672-8950 to set up an appointment and a tour of the property. Browse through our website and discover the outstanding opportunities our community can offer you.
Click Here to Contact Us.